State required “24 hour doctor sessions” are provided Monday through Saturday for a fee of $50. This first state required visit takes about one hour and does not require a driver. When you come in for your state required session, Hope Medical Group will perform an ultrasound exam and inform you of your exact length of pregnancy and the cost of the termination. The state of Louisiana requires that you come in at least 24 hours in advance of the termination but this session can be done several days or weeks ahead as long as it is at least 24 hours before the abortion. For example, if your schedule allows you could come in one Saturday for the state required doctor session and return the following Saturday for the procedure.
During this first appointment you will have the opportunity to discuss financial assistance with your counselor. You will be responsible for the majority of the cost, but assistance is available. This is not a loan, you do not have to pay it back. Having limited financial resources should not be a barrier to professional abortion care. Do not wait. Schedule your appointment for your state required doctor session as soon as possible. This first visit does not “obligate” you to terminate the pregnancy.
Appointment Schedule for the State Required “Doctor session” with ultrasound exam and financial assistance screening:
- Monday 9:00am – 10:00am
- Tuesday 1:00pm – 2:00pm
- Wednesday 11:00am – 12:00n
- Thursday 10:00am – 11:00am
- Friday 9:00am – 10:30am
- Saturday 10:00am – 11:00am
Appointment Schedule for Surgical and “Medicine” Abortion Care:
Surgical procedures are performed from the time of a positive urine test to 16.5 weeks LMP at half hour appointment times on:
- Tuesday morning 10:00am to 12:00pm (up to 13 weeks only)
- Thursday afternoon 12:00n to 4:30pm
- Saturday 8:45am to 2:30pm
Mifeprex (medicine abortion or the “abortion pill”) is offered through 8 weeks LMP at half hour appointment times on:
- Tuesday morning 10:00am to 12:00n
- Thursday afternoon 1:00pm to 3:30pm
- Saturday 9:00am to 2:30pm
For additional information please call 318-221-5500 or toll-free 1-800-448-5004.
Hope Medical Group for Women accepts all major credit cards.
top of page
Two early termination options are now available:
- Early surgical abortion is available as early as 3 weeks from the first day of the last normal period.
- Medication abortion (the abortion pill) is available if you are less than 56 days from the first day of your last normal period.
top of page
Limited financial assistance is available.We will obtain all the information we need to determine if you qualify for financial assistance during the first state required doctor session.
- 3 through 6 weeks LMP - $395
- 7 through 11 weeks LMP - $475
- 12 through 13 weeks LMP - $495
- 14 weeks LMP - $595
- 15 weeks LMP - $645
- 16 weeks LMP - $695
- Early Option Abortion Pill (Mifeprex) – $475
Medicaid OR Military Discounts are available:
We offer discounts for all patients on Medicaid and all active duty Military and their families. Please bring your Medicaid card or Military ID to qualify. Any patient eligible, under Medicaid or Military, will receive $50.00 off the cost of any procedure.
Limited financial assistance is available and based on household income, family size, and need.
The fee for the abortion procedure is payable by money order, cashier's check, or major credit or debit card. No cash or personal checks are accepted for the procedure.
top of page
- Individual counseling
- Lab work
- Pre-operative and post-operative medication
- Birth control information and a starter pack of birth control pills, if desired
- Rh immunization if necessary (requires an additional fee of $50 from 3-13.5 weeks, $100 from 14-16.5 weeks)
- Depo provera (birth control shot) if requested ($15 for Medicaid patients, $75 for non-Medicaid patients)
- Post-abortion prescriptions
- Three-week post-abortion check-up
- Privacy service available upon request for additional fee of $50
top of page
- Take a bath or shower the morning of your appointment.
- Eat a light meal no later than two hours before your appointment. You can continue to drink fluids.
- Bring an extra pair of underwear and socks with you.
- Dress comfortably and bring a light jacket or sweater.
- Plan to be at the clinic about two hours (or four hours if you are 14-16.5 weeks). The abortion procedure itself only takes 10 minutes. You may want to bring a book, needlepoint, etc. to pass the time more quickly.
- Arrive on time, and please have your payment at the time of arrival.
- Arrange for a friend to drive you home. As always, we do not allow small children in the clinic out of consideration for other patients.