State required “72 hour doctor sessions” are provided Monday through Saturday for a fee of $50. This first state required visit takes about one to two hours and does not require a driver. When you come in for your state required session, staff will perform an ultrasound exam to determine your exact length of pregnancy and the cost of the termination. The state of Louisiana requires that you come in at least 72 hours in advance of the termination but this session can be done several days or weeks ahead as long as it is at least 72 hours before the abortion. For example, if your schedule allows you could come in one Saturday for the state required doctor session and return the following Saturday for the procedure.
During this first appointment you will have the opportunity to discuss financial assistance with your counselor. You will be responsible for the majority of the cost, but assistance is available. This is not a loan, you do not have to pay it back. Having limited financial resources should not be a barrier to professional abortion care. Do not wait. Schedule your appointment for your state required doctor session as soon as possible. This first visit does not “obligate” you to terminate the pregnancy.
Appointment Schedule for the State Required “Doctor session” with ultrasound exam and financial assistance screening:
- Monday 9:00am – 12:00pm
- Wednesday 9:00am – 12:00pm
- Friday 9:00am – 12:00pm
Appointment Schedule for Surgical and “Medicine” Abortion Care:
Medication abortion and surgical procedures are scheduled on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday starting on:
- Tuesday at 9:00am
- Thursday at 9:30pm
- Saturday at 8:45am
For additional information please call 318-221-5500 or toll-free 1-800-448-5004.
Hope Medical Group for Women accepts all major credit cards.
Early Termination Options
Two early termination options are available:
- Early surgical abortion is available as early as 4 weeks from the first day of the last normal period.
- Medication abortion (the abortion pill) is available if you are less than 56 days from the first day of your last normal period.
Limited financial assistance is available. We will obtain all the information we need to determine if you qualify for financial assistance during the first state required doctor session.
- Doctor Session – $50
- Abortion Pill – $600
- 4 through 11 weeks LMP – $600
- 12 through 13 weeks LMP – $695
- 14 weeks LMP – $775
- 15 weeks LMP – $825
- 16 weeks LMP – $875
Military Discounts are available:
We offer discounts for all active duty Military and their families. Please bring your Military ID to qualify. Any patient eligible will receive $75.00 off the cost of any procedure.
Limited financial assistance is available and based on household income, family size, and need.
The fee for the abortion procedure is payable by money order, cashier’s check, or major credit or debit card. No cash or personal checks are accepted for the procedure.
Services included with the abortion procedure
- Individual consultation with patient advocate
- Lab work
- Pre-operative and post-operative medication
- Birth control consultation
- Rh immunization if necessary (requires an additional fee of $50 from 4-13.5 weeks, $100 from 14-16.5 weeks)
- Depo provera (birth control shot), if requested is $85 for non-Medicaid patients. Patients on Medicaid will be given a prescription to be filled and are then charged a $15 injection fee
- Three-week post-abortion check-up
What to do on the day of your abortion appointment
- Take a bath or shower the morning of your appointment.
- Eat a light meal no later than two hours before your appointment. You can continue to drink fluids.
- Bring an extra pair of underwear and socks with you.
- Dress comfortably and bring a light jacket or sweater.
- Plan to be at the clinic for two to three hours (or four to five hours if you are 14-16.5 weeks). The abortion procedure itself only takes a few minutes. You may want to bring a book, needlepoint, etc. to pass the time more quickly.
- Arrive on time, and please have your payment at the time of arrival.
- Arrange for a friend to drive you home. Your driver must check in with you. As always, we do not allow small children in the clinic out of consideration for other patients.